Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Dry air filters-1955 C300

Re: Re: [Chrysler300] Dry air filters-1955 C300

   John.

   I don't want to get rid of the bat wing, as you said they are extremely rare and
   prices are out of sight.
   My idea is to remove the oil containg part when driving to wherever, replace
   that potion with a paper filter, then go back original for shows.
   Several advantages; better filtering, no oil mess when removing the batwing,
   as when priming after a long no run situation.

   Jim Faber  promiss for 60F Sat.

> From: "Johnl" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2005/02/03 Thu AM 10:52:48 EST
> To: <barber@xxxxxxxxx>,
> 	"Chrysler 300 list service" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> 	<fabe7445@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Dry air filters-1955 C300
>
> Hi Rich, Jim and all,
>
> I would ask the question as to why you would want to replace the Deltawing filter?  The only improvement with the dry type would be if you were going to "race the car".  I do not think that the filtering is any better with a dry type, but I'll admit it is easier to service.  The race cars of Carl Kiekhaefer and I'm sure others used dry filters, but you must remember that those cars were far from what we own as production cars.
>
> Over the many years of owner ship of the C300 and 300B I've found this item to be a real crowd pleaser because it is so uniquely different.  The hood goes up and a group of admirers always appear.  When asked about the Deltawing I always explain just how rare it really is.  I'm sure you are aware that other similar units were used by De Soto, GM and Packard in the same era.  Keep in mind that our units are truly unique to the two years of Letter Cars only and are different than the others I've listed.  Also look at the price a "correct" Deltawing unit will sell for if you can locate one.
>
> Just my thoughts on this subject,
>
> John Lazenby
> Southern California, just minutes from Disneyland
> 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
> 1955 Imperial Newport
> 1955 Chrysler C300
> 1956 Chrysler 300B
> 1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe
> 1960 Chrysler 300F Coupe
> 1963  Volkswagen Beetle
>
> PS:  Jim, I drove our '63 Beetle to work this AM with the window down and it is going to be in the 70's today.

Give the gift of life to a sick child.