[Chrysler300] 300G MANIA - reply

Steve, and all...

I am a little perturbed by Steve's message...  "there's an ass for every
seat" ?  please - realize that it's a small "300" world out there, and
comments such as these can easily hurt someone's feelings, even if they were
not intended to do so.

The new owner of the ebay car that Steve refers to, the red 300G hardtop
(originally black) in question,  is a gentleman from Connecticut by the name
of John Lyons;  I can honestly say he's a gentleman, as I spoke to him on
the phone for an hour yesterday, and was rather favorably impressed.

Based on our talk, I can state that Mr. Lyons does indeed feel like an ass
right now; or,  more accurately, he feels like he's been taken. He purchased
a car that was totally misrepresented, and he was taken advantage of. He's
certainly disappointed, not happy, and has a little less faith in the
honesty of his fellow men than he had before.  Is there anyone in this group
that can categorically state that they have never been lied to, or taken
advantage of ?

All this to say - John Lyons has sent in his membership application.  He
realizes that he now owns this car, for better or for worse, and has already
started working on it to make it into the 300G of his dreams. In a very few
days, Mr. Lyons will be connected to the listserver as well, and will read
your comments. I am just extremely happy that he is not yet on the
listserver, and thus did not have to see himself be referred to as an "ass"
.   He will need the support and help of this group, and I hope he gets it.

 Mr. Lyons intends to be involved in the Club, and will soon let you all
know about the Hartford Classic Concours d'Eleagance , which he is busy
organizing, and which will feature Chrysler 300 Letter Series automobiles,
this year, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the marque. You may check
out his Web site at:  http://www.hartfordconcours.com/

300'ly to all
John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY