Re: [Chrysler300] Black 300 B at Barrett-Jackson 3N562149

Re: [Chrysler300] Black 300 B at Barrett-Jackson 3N562149

In a message dated 2/4/2005 4:59:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
obiwan10@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Did anyone at the Winter Meet have an opportunity to give this car a through
> look-see?  It is claimed as a 355 HP car, all original except for interior,
> repaint and tires.  I did not see it go thru on Speedchannel.  Car apparently
> sold for 62,000.  Any comments on condition, options and possibly who the
> buyer or seller was would be appreciated.
>
> Does the serial number registry specify if this car really had the 355 HP
> engine?  I am uncertain if this option ever made it to any "street" cars.
> Click on the links for more info on this car.
>
> http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?
> id=178624
>
> http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=178624
>
> Roger Schaaf
> 300 B, California

Hi Roger and All:
Roger, you are correct in questioning the 355HP assertion regarding this car.
 There is absolutely no evidence that the last 50 cars were so equipped.  The
car description also claimed these "50" cars had Torqueflite transmissions.
This is not true, as there were only 26 300Bs so equipped, and they were
scattered throughout the latter part of the model year.  It has not yet been
ascertained as to whether the factory ever installed the 355HP  10 to1 heads (NOT
pistons) or whether they were only put on by the owner or dealer.  Certainly
they were intended for competitive use, probably first to give a little advantage
to Kiekhaefer. (My opinion)  The 355HP option head was not added to the AMA
specs until mid April, 56, and dealers were not informed until mid June.  Talk
is cheap when it comes to selling a car, I guess.  Anyway, the car stands on
its own merits as a very rare---one of 26---torqueflite 300B in what looks to
be pretty nice condition.  300ly, Gil Cunningham

'Thanks & Giving.'