Re: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

Re: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

Seems to me that any small loss of privacy(also chances are that any
information that you think is secret is already well known to anyone who may
be interested) to further the aim of getting the uninsured miscreants off
the road is worth it.  California has somewhat the same laws on registration
and insurance but there is a cottage industry of insurance companies selling
a policy, the auto owner registers his vehicle and then allows insurance to
lapse.  I guess that no one has figured out in this day of computers and
networks how to set up a system so that when one loses his insurance, the
state's database cannot be set up to invalidate the registration of a
vehicle.  Sounds like a good idea to me, but California's government is not
known for good ideas.  I would carry it one step further and impound and
sell any vehicle which is found to be on our streets without insurance, but
again I guess this would logical.  Also the minimum liability insurance in
our state(and probably yours) is way too low.  Many states are like
15,000--30,000--5,000 which pays not even close to what any serious accident
can cost a victim.  By the way the 5,000 is for property damage.  How many
totaled automobiles can be replaced for 5,000?  I ride motorcycles.  How far
will 15,000 go toward putting me back together?  It is for this reason that
I carry extremely large coverage's on my motorcycles and cars--1 million
dollar liability which allows me to have 250,000 uninsured/under motorists.
And of course in our great state we have a couple of million illegal aliens
on our streets many of whom have no drivers license's, no insurance, and
driving vehicles with the handling characteristics of a Wells Fargo
stagecoach and driving skills to match.  But as is so often the case in
California, draconian laws to enforce insurance requirements is looked as
just another method to trounce on the rights of the downtrodden.  To hell
with those who are the victims of these miscreants.

Roger Schaaf
300 B, California