Re: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

Re: [Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

In Arkansas, you must have Proof of Insurance in hand to register or
renew tags. AND you must hand over POI to the nice policeman who wants
to see you Drivers License and registration.

The powers that be do know if your insurance has been renewed, since
the Renewal form comes with boxes checked off  as Yes for Insurance. If
it's marked no, you must show the card from your ins co. to the nice
lady who will then give you your new sticker.

Regards, Ray Jones
On Feb 8, 2005, at 11:57 AM, GERALD OLSON wrote:

> Tim, That has been a law here in Michigan for 25
> years, no big deal. And being a NO FAULT state we
> still pay a couple bucks a year per car for uninsured
> motorist coverage. What the rif-rafs will do is find
> an insurance company that will let them pay a one
> month premium. Then, with the insurance certificate in
> hand they go to the DMV and get there full year plates
> and registration and let the insurance laps at the end
> of the 30 days. They play the same game year after
> year. It's those rif-rafs I'm paying that few extra
> bucks to protect myself from. Regards, Jerry
> --- Tim Tomlinson <tomlin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Group,
>> 1.  I don't wish to restart the lengthy discussion
>> we had on collector car insurance from months ago.
>> I have a different tack to take on the subject.
>> 2.  I have had Condon and Skelly for quite a few
>> years.  This year as a condition of renewal, they
>> are requiring that I provide a copy of the
>> registration of each insured vehicle so they can
>> contact my state, Illinois, in a timely manner to
>> appraise the state of my insured status.  Should I
>> have insured vehicles that are not licensed for use
>> on the road, I am to provide a copy of the Title for
>> the same purpose.
>> 3.  Now, Illinois, being fed up with all the
>> uninsured drivers despite law requiring liability
>> insurance, has a new law effective 1 Jan 05 that you
>> must present proof of insurance when you register or
>> renew registration.
>> 4.  Is Condon and Skelly being overly cautious?  Is
>> there a danger in having this information "out
>> there" and likely in an automated database?  I do
>> know that when I was stationed in Germany in the
>> latter 70's the Secretary of State's office sent
>> someone to verify that my previously licensed auto,
>> which was not renewed and the plates were off,
>> battery pulled, etc., was indeed "non-operational"
>> since I didn't have a record with them of liability
>> insurance.  Dad had to take them to the storage
>> facility and unlock it to show them the car--which
>> was inspected at length.
>> 5.  I get goosey when folks start asking for
>> information, which includes personal details, and
>> will likely store such on automated data bases with
>> so so security.  Does anyone know if this is the
>> demands of the industry now???
>> Thanks,
>> Tim Tomlinson
>> 2 X 300-K's
>> 1 68 New Yorker

>> removed]

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry  get free digital souvenirs,
Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2YkgMD/fV0JAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM