[Chrysler300] [Fwd: 57 C Rag in Oakland area]

[Chrysler300] [Fwd: 57 C Rag in Oakland area]

email addresses deleted to satisfy server.  I see now that this message
pretty much duplicates a previous one from Bob Jasinski of nearby
Danville.  If I find the car, will invite him to inspect, also.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (Had to run the air conditioner in the Jeep a little
yesterday)

300 fans:

Hello again.  I called Chris Torres and he said he was trying to buy the
car from a neighbor in Oakland.  He wants to buy it and resell it and
does not want to show it or tell where it is until he gets it bought.
He is aware that some 300's have gone for outrageous prices and it
sounds like he'd like to cash in on that.  He says the car is a 1957
green 300 convertible with a perfectly straight body, good chrome & SS
with shot interior and top--has original black CA license tags.

I gave him my name and number and told him I'd like to see it so as to
pass info on to Club members.  If he ever calls, I'll call Henry and try
to arrange a joint visit with digital camera.  Car is one owner and she
already has an offer that he is trying to beat.

Someone with access to DMV files could probably find the car and it
sounds close to that fabled barn car we always hear about.   Oakland is
a very diverse town with former governor Jerry Brown as mayor.  There
are many beautiful old neighborhoods that probably have neat old cars
parked away in the old carriage houses--owned by people that don't need
the money and don't want the aggravation of selling their old
treasures.  Very frustrating as I was probably within 5-10 miles of the
car tonight as a result of a church meeting in Berkeley.

Wish I had a witching rod to guide me to the car.  I will explore a
couple of avenues and keep you posted.

The plot thickens and the game is afoot in sunny CA.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (42 miles east of Oakland)
1955 C-300, Jeep, minivan & RV + small 2 1/2-car garage

Rich Barber wrote:

>Ditto.  Number suggests it is an Oakland cell phone, but the owner could
>be anywhere.  I may give the guy a call just to kick the tires.  Oakland
>weather is pretty kind to cars, even if the traffic is not.
>
>Rich Barber
>Brentwood, CA 94513 (mid-70's and sunny today)
>925-513-6583 (over the hill from AC 510--and from my misspent youth!)
>1955 C300 (Getting new shoes today)
>
>Listing repeated from :
>
>Monday, March 7, 2005 - 04:14:20 am:
>Message from CHRIS TORRES at crittybo @ comcast.net  (spaces added to get through our server)
>
>1957 chrysler 300 convertable,392 hemi 2-4brls,all original calif car,give
>an honest offer,there were only 480 made.510-827-6207 needs restored.
>

>Henry Hopkins wrote:
>

>>A few postings ago there was an item stating there was a C cvt for sale in the 510 phone area code.  We live in the 510 area code.  I deleted the msg. as we are not interested in the car, but it occurred to me that if anyone on the 300 mailing was  interested in a possible purchase, we could go and have a look at it for you.
>>
>>Just e-mail back to
>>
>>Henry Hopkins, Richmond Ca
>>
>>510 is an area of the east bay across from San Francisco covering Oakland and surrounding areas on the bay side of the coastal hills.

'Thanks & Giving.'