[Chrysler300] 2005 Hartford Concours d'Elegance

[Chrysler300] 2005 Hartford Concours d'Elegance

Hi folks,

As I have mentioned in previous posts, the 2005 Hartford Concours d'Elegance is scheduled for this July 15th and 16th, 2005.  The event will benefit two wonderful organizations; The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society and Riverfront Recapture (an organization dedicated to the revitalization of Hartford's riverfront).  Their work is quite evident to those who have seen the venue...it is beautiful!

This year, we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Chrysler Letter Series Automobiles.  I have had several entries so far and am running out of room for this class.  I am attaching an entry form for anyone who is interested in entering their car in this event.  I hope to have an entry from every year of the letter series.  Unfortunately, it looks like my '61 G stick will not be done in time for the concours....so if you own one of the others out there and you would consider bringing it, please let me know.

All of the car owners and their guests will be treated to a nice breakfast and lunch, be given a bunch of nice goodies from sponsors and receive an invitation for a fund-raising dinner the night of the 15th.

My event is the week after the Chrysler Carslyle weekend.  I am working with a shipper now to get a good rate for anyone who will be brining their car up for my event.  I should have it tied up this week.  Please remember that your car must be entered in advance.  I am also close to having a deal with a nice hotel in the area for anyone needing overnight accomodations at a fair price.  I will drop a quick note onto the server when these two items are all set.

I need judges and volunteers for the event.  Judges and volunteers will get roughly the same first-class treatment that the car owners will be getting (I am saying this tongue-in-cheek), and be invited to a 'thank-you' dinner Saturday night.  I am in the process of organizing judges and volunteers now and would love to have club members participate.  Two judging disclaimers: 1)  You can't judge a class that your car is entered in and 2) I will probably need you to judge several classes.  I will try to stick with your preferred classes but I need to spread the judges somewhat.  I will be having a judges and volunteers meeting in the next 60 days or so.

Last comment: I was at the Amelia Island Concours this past weekend.  It was absolutely a first class event.  The cars, the people and the weather were all stunning!!!!  I am praying extra hard for weather like it in July.  Unfortunately, I just missed Mike Meyer...I was ready to work on him to bring his H conv up North in July.  Mike, you will be hearing from me!  There was a really pretty red G hardtop at the Chrysler display area as well.  Great show!!!

123 days and counting.

Regards,

John Lyons

'Thanks & Giving.'