Re: [Chrysler300] Hood Pad 300 G

Roger, etc.  When I mentioned the wire wheels, this was from
knowledgeable dealers from that time, and had nothing, repeat, nothing
to do with this "judging" now going on 49 years later.  The 56 wires
were dealer installed on this particular car, but the car was shipped
from the factory with spinner caps in the trunk, with the 55-56 300
emblems in the centers.  These spinner caps for l956 were also available
for Windsor's and New Yorkers with different medallions in the center.
The Windsor had a single crown and the NYer had three crowns in a
circle.  The ordering dealer for this car was Bob Berger, Perkasie,
Penna.  When the wire wheels were shipped to Bob, he removed the 300
spinners and stored them in the upstairs of the building.  This first
hand info should help to clarify the situation on the 56 wire wheels.  I
also received from Bob some special factory info on engines and options
for all Chryslers from 1924 on to when this publication was issued.
Also other new wheel covers that were optional and never sold.  I have
several sets on the Windsor and NYer optional but only one set of the
300's.  Sincerely,  Don Rook

--

Raspberry Manor Bed and Breakfast    Don and Kathy Rook
479-394-7555 (Phone)                       800-391-7555
479-394-7618 (Fax)                   kmrook@xxxxxxxxxxx

'Thanks & Giving.'