[Chrysler300] C300 Distributor

Sean:

While I have only owned my 1955 C-300 for less than a year, I have no
reason to think the distributor is not original on the 76,000 mile car
(Engine S/N 3NE551098).  The distributor tag is in better shape than my
tired old eyes, but the Chrysler part number appears to be
1658989-Splash Proof Distributor.  Autolite No. IAZ4001C(or G?), serial
number 3K176913.  I could not find a listing in the service manual for a
C300 distributor but it lists IAZ4001E and IAZ4001F for NY's & Imp's.,
each with different advance curves.  If anyone has the specs and proper
Autolite number for the C300 distributor, the data would be appreciated
for my library.

Give me an update on your C300 clone--was it you that was going to make
a race-trim car?

C-300'ly
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA