Re: [Chrysler300] Elevated expectations

> Previous communications from the locals indicated no special problems
> requiring carb adjustments.  Water boils at 197 degrees at 8,000 feet,
> so make sure you have a good radiator cap and don't remove it while
> hot.  I hope your G has air conditioning.

Engine overheat, cooling system failure, is the MAJOR reason for vehicle
breakdown in the mountain area around us. In our car, truck and RV shop, we
recommend new coolant and new thermostat and new cap every two years. The
'industry' recommends changing (ALL the) hoses and belts at some interval I
forget and we suggest to our clients at no more than 6 years, 60,000 miles
based on personal  experiences and time spent doing what we do the last 24
years here in Sedona.

Engines I set up run from here to higher elevations and then to Phoenix at
1000 ft. elevation and 120+ deg. temps in that area. Any setup I put in will
therefore be a compromise. So, I have to leave the timing conservative and
make sure the idle mixture is at 13.5:1 AFR at my elevation which will
handle the ups and downs.

With my own stuff, I run lowest octane up here and may bump octane up a
grade for my occasional valley travel (which I definately avoid this time of
year) as my timing is kicked up a bit and I have leaner carburetor jetting.

Warren Anderson
Sedona, AZ
103 deg. F here yesterday
 at 4600 ft. and we are definately