Re: [Chrysler300] buying 300 parts on ebay

Re: [Chrysler300] buying 300 parts on ebay

Hi, Chris:

I'm sorry, but not surprised,  you have been let down by some e-Bay
vendors.  But I don't think your being an Australian has much to do with it.

I have been buying pretty minor stuff for my 1955 C-300 for about a year
and have had pretty good luck  I do see that it pays to ask questions
before bidding and to urge sellers to very carefully pack items to avoid
damage during shipment.  Reading vendor feedback is important and any
vendor can run into a bad transaction.

I have just started an action against a vendor that failed to ship an
item and failed to return my $27, after promising to do so by e-mail.  I
found out that e-Bay will not start strong action unless the complaint
is filed 10-60 days after the close of the auction.  In retrospect, I
should have been more suspicious as the vendor's feedback was hidden as
private--with indications of several negative feedbacks amongst the many
positives.  Vendor also required a money order and that is becoming a
red flag to me.

My conversion of A$1.40/L to US is about US$4.06/Gallon.  I filled up
with unleaded regular this morning at $2.879/Gallon--gas peaked at
$3.159/gallon here in northern California.

There is a lot of paranoia here over fuel prices, but the supply is
limited and demand is increasing--just like good Chrysler 300 parts.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300