Re: [Chrysler300] Carburetion Question!!! - reply

Re: [Chrysler300] Carburetion Question!!! - reply

Hello 300'ly to all!
    The first time I witnessed gas being poured into a carb bowl to prime a
'64 Chevy I cringed. I too have had to crank for at least 3-10 second
segments to start my C after it has sat for greater than 24 hours. John
Lazenby at this year's spring meet suggested I install an electric fuel pump
as an auxiliary device to prime the carb to decrease the cranking time.  He
sold me one for less than $40 (shipping & handling included).  We installed
it directly in line along the frame rail forward of the passenger side rear
wheel along with an aluminum stone guard. The pump was mounted with rubber
washers as a vibration damper along the frame.  This was wired off the
ignition switch with a toggle switch next to the power antenna toggle
switch.  To start one turns the ignition to ON, flips the toggle to ON,
waits until the clicking noise of the pump disappears (about 10 seconds),
partly depress the accelerator to set the choke and then engage the starter.
It starts in less than 5 seconds of cranking.  One can turn the pump off
prior to engaging the starter or immediately after the engine has commenced
running. I have no problem starting the car after it has been run and parked
or if parked less than 24 hours. The added benefit is that there is a
redundant fuel delivery system in the event that a mechanical pump failure
occurs as long as  there is no leakage in the crankcase. John is a club
member and extends a discount to all club members if they identify
themselves as such at time of purchase.  Installation instructions are
included and very simple in explanation.  ROB KERN