Re: [Chrysler300] Storage and Critter Control

Re: [Chrysler300] Storage and Critter Control

Joe,
 Your question started me thinking, so I did a search on "ultrasonic pest repellers" and found that they are of questionable value and some companies are being warned about false claims. Also in one of the reports was that the Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine found in a study that such devices could damage the hearing of dogs and cats.
Also that mice were only temporarily repelled, and then either learned to avoid it or just got used to it.
In my case, since I have no dogs or cats, I am going to leave the devices plugged in and watch for evidence that the critters have learned to cope.
I'm sorry now that I gave the name of the devices I am using, as there are many companies that sell them, so do a little research, because there are some designed to repel birds, some to keep dogs out of yards, and many other claims.
The conclusion reached by one study is that most of the claims can't be substantiated by proven results.
Bob