[Chrysler300] Starts then Stalls - SOLVED FINALLY - '65 300

[Chrysler300] Starts then Stalls - SOLVED FINALLY - '65 300

I am very happy to announce that I've just returned from my garage where the
troublesome new engine was running correctly for the first time in a long
time. I mentioned earlier that the throttle pump didn't seem to be working
properly and in fact that was 1 of two major carb problems that I identified
tonight.

The main problem was in fact my error installing the metering jets
incorrectly. I had the primarys mixed up with the secondarys, which didn't
allow enough fuel to feed the engine once the vacuum increased and pulled
down the metering rods. I did find the fuel intake check valve that feeds
the throttle pump was leaking and is causing pressure to blead off back into
the bowl thus reducing the squirt. I'll replace the valve as soon as I can
find one but for now it's operating ok even with the leak.

Thanks to Owen Grigg, Larry D'aloise, and John Bramwell for triggering ideas
and offering important details that led me to correct these problems. I want
to thank everyone for taking the time think about my problem and offer alot
of great and helpful advice which allowed me to rule out all other
possibilities. You guys are a great group and I'm proud to be involved with
this club.

Sincerely. Ryan Hill (Vancouver B.C.)