From: AAAC
To: crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:36 PM
Subject: Mich HB 4362 Needs Car Club Support

Hi,

I live in Plymouth and am trying to get support for HB 4362 No Collector Car Left Behind.  Below is a message that I have posted on a couple forums that I participate in regularly.

Since the major opposition to this issue is State Rep Phil LaJoy of Canton, MI I am trying to contact car clubs in the area to get them to contact him and show their support.

Please would you share this info with your members?  You should also be receiving a letter from Sydney @ Hagerty Insurance very shortly with some of this same info AND you will probably see an article in Cruise'News also.

We need everyone's support for this to get it passed.  It includes provisions for antique car plates and personalized collector car license plates for cars as new as 10 years old!

Thanks

Sue

HB 4362 No Collector Car Left Behind is the current proposed bill that is languishing in the House. This is the legislation that would expand and relax the collector car license plate rules significantly.

I understand that State Rep Phil LaJoy (R - Canton, MI) strongly opposes HB 4362. Unfortunately he is the Chair for the Transportation Committee.
http://www.gophouse.com/Members/LAJOY/Bio/lajoyBBios.htm

It is my impression that he works closely with the lovely (greedy) people in the Insurance Industry and they just don't want to part with all of that wonderful MCCA (Michigan Catastrophic Claims Assessment) money $$$. The more cars that are licensed with authentic or historic license plates the less$$ going to the MCCA.

Now really, how many cars can we really drive at one time? We are already paying full MCCA assessments for our daily drivers and reduced assessments for our collector cars. I know that they are socking me bigtime for my 10+ insured vehicles each year. I absolutely have authentic plates on all of my eligible cars for the savings.

ALL MICHIGAN COLLECTOR CAR OWNERS NEED TO HELP!!!!

Contact your state rep, contact Phil LaJoy, circulate a petition at your car club meeting & friends, go to Hagerty.com Legislative Action section and read about this issue.
http://www.hagerty.com/news_advocacy.asp

We need every voice to make a difference. Kind of like the Million Man March - how about the 100,000 collector car owners march?????????

Please don't expect other people to do this - you know how irresponsible they are. Take the time to send an email or a letter or a phone call and voice your support. Let's get this done!!

PRETTY PLEASE?????

** Don't know who your State Rep is? Hagerty has a link that you can find out using your zip code. So there goes that excuse!