[Chrysler300] 300G backfiring

Hello everyone! Melissa (my G), has just had her spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, coil and coil wire (the main) just replaced. I gapped all plugs correctly at .035". I used what I believed, the correct torque for torqueing them. Please note, I DO know , atleaste in the Chrysler/Imperial service manual, that it calls for 30 foot pounds of torque but I didn't have a torque wrench on me (shame on me), so I gave it about what it felt like, to loosen them. She's running STRONG except for an occasional backfire mostly noticed when slowing, then giving it significant acceleration while turning, to go down the next street (probabley more precisely, just at lower rpms, but not all the time). Now I did sets the points 5 to 6 months back or a few thousand miles ago or so. I set them at around approx. .018" gap (specs. for point gap range from .014" to .019"). I recently learned about the dwell and found that to be at 36 degrees (at idle in nuetral @ 900 rpms approx.). That is
 within the correct range. I then reset my timing from 17 degrees BTDC back to about 9. (17 could damage engine eventually!) Jeff Carter over a year ago or so set it between 8 to 10 degrees. I know that my point setting changed the dwell which then advanced me about 7 degrees (sorry, a lot of you already know why this happens but I'm just trying to explain everything VERY thoroughly). Now, could backfiring, on occasion at lower rpms, be a 'ram thing' or did my 'getting all the electrical done right' to my knowledge, get ahead of the fact that my carbs. are not in synch. with the 'new electrical'. I have NOT done anything with the carburetors yet. Is it time to check my point setting again? I believe point gaps too small like timing too retarded can maybe cause backfiring but am not sure.  Any help or suggestions please and thank you TONS in advance!!                                                                                                                Sincerely and 300ly,
 Brandt H. J. w/ a G.