[Chrysler300] (no subject)

Well after 4 months I finally got my H back home.  I finally  decided to do
the final items on the H and it took almost 4 months. We  rebuilt the engine,
refinished the entire front end assembly, rechromed the  front and rear
bumpers, replaced the wiring harness with an OEM harness, new  rear springs, rebuilt
steering box, properly date coded spark plug wires, new  alternator (properly
date coded for Andy), rebuilt the starter (just for you  John), and a few
other tweaks here and there.  Car runs like a dream now so  I decided to that her
to the annual Florida Mopar Association meet at Big Daddy  Don Garlits's in
Ocala this weekend.  Steve Estok was there with his B and  it did look good.

The only problem I had was with the new battery.  It decided to  explode on
me on the way over to Ocala.  There's nothing quite like seeing  battery acid
all over a freshly redone engine compartment.  The plug boots  basically
disintegrated!  I spent about a half hour hosing the engine  compartment down but
unfortunately the damage was already done.  So Monday  I take the car back in to
refinish everything that just got refinished.   What a pain!.

Anyway, Steve's B won the 3rd place award on Sun.  And there was  highly
modified G from St. Augustine that came in second on Sun also.  But  even with
battery acid the H came thru and won 1st place Sat and Sun.  So  even though I
had some pretty bad luck, at least the car still showed her best  parts.

Mike Meyer