Re: [Chrysler300] HEMI Heads

Rich Barber wrote:

>John:
>
>I have the 1955-58 Chrysler parts book that shows 1556156 as the head
>for 1955 New Yorker, Imperial and Crown Imperial.  The book does not
>show a separate head for the 300 and does not list the 1556157 number.
>I have recently asked the server group if there is a difference in 1955
>300 heads and others, with no response.  A different part number is
>shown for 1956 and 1957 300 heads.  Perhaps the 1556157 is a special
>1955 300 head.  More likely truck, industrial or marine.  Where is that
>part number located on the head?
>
>C-300'ly,
>Rich Barber

Rich and others interested.
I believe that   powerplay  ( or Hotheads ) has the info you are looking
for.
The 56 and 57 heads have different partnumbers  because the water jackets
changed, ( among other reasons )
WIth the changes made for water  flow, certain heads don't work so well
in certain configurations

http://www.hothemiheads.com/

--
Paul Holmgren