[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 letter car commemorative video project

[Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 letter car commemorative video project

To all you Chrysler 300 enthusiasts who are eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD commemorating the letter cars; it is in the editing process.  A little background for those who may have forgotten or didn't know of the project:  We filmed at three separate meets, Auburn Hills, MI in the spring, Carlisle, PA in the summer and South Lake Tahoe in the fall.  We interviewed over 40 people and filmed as many or more cars for the project.  As you might imagine, that is a lot of videotape to edit and put into a story.  In addition to the interviews and footage of the meets, we have historical footage provided courtesy of Daimler-Chrysler of early Chrysler 300 test runs and promos as well as still shots provided by D-C and others.  The plan is to put together a full-length DVD for sale to Chrysler 300 Club members and other Chrysler 300 enthusiasts that documents the history and the heritage of the 300's as well as pointing out what it means to be a member of this "family".  Our original plan was to try and have it available for this Christmas.

My son, Aaron, owns the production company in charge of putting the project together and we are now in the middle of deer hunting season here in the midwest.  He also produces a hunting show for an outfitter that is on several national cable and satellite channels and right now is their busiest time of the year in filming hunts and taking care of their hunters.  Additionally, he is busy filming and editing industrial marketing and trainging videos of everything from coal mines and power plants to convenience stores and grain elevators.  Needless to say, my pleading with him can only go so far when he is contracted to so many other customers.  He assures me that things are moving along well with the project and that it is on hold for only a short time until hunting season slows down a bit.  He did produce a short 7 minute clip for me to use in a speech before a local Rotary Club a month or so back and it was phenomenal!!  I must tell you he is pretty much of a perfectionist in his work and won't speed up the project if it means sacrificing quality, which is good.

So, to make a long story short, it is a work in progress which I'm sure you all will be very happy with.  Will it be ready by Christmas?  If I was betting, I'd say likely not.  But, if it isn't it will be shortly thereafter.  He doesn't want to take orders for them until he has a finished product, so I'll let you all know the day that happens.  Thanks to all of you who participated in the video project and to all those of you who plan to purchase a copy.  As I said earlier, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

David Coston
phone/fax: 618-382-2280
cell: 812-457-0479
email: dcoston@xxxxxxxxxxx