[Chrysler300] YOM License Plates - Florida

[Chrysler300] YOM License Plates - Florida

Luckily in Florida, there are no specific restrictions to a year of manufacture license plate.  All we need to do is provide a copy of the registration of the vehicle to which the tag will be applied, fill out a form, and send it off to Tallahassee (Hi Gil!) with the actual plate to be used for approval (FL is a rear plate only state).

  When approved, the plate is sent back with the new registration.  You can later transfer the plate to another vehicle of the same model year if you like.  The plate must be legible, not clearcoated and not retouched in any way when sent to the DMV.  After a few years on the car, my '64 plate started to look a little shabby, and I found a guy in Hemmings who did a very nice job of restoring it.

  What is especially nice about Florida, is that they once issued a new plate for every vehicle almost every year 'til the mid-70s, so all our 300s are covered.

  John Spiers, Lake Worth, Florida