From: Del Kerney [mailto:a61300g@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:11 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; George McKovich
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 2005 versus 1956

George,
   Check this website for the beginnings of the 1953 Chrysler-Ghia succeeded

by the Dual-Ghia ( 1956-1963 ) using Dodge components.

  http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/53GhiaSpecial/

The 1953 Chrysler version was undoubtedly the inspiration for the 2005
300C - I must be getting CRS disease not to have recognized the similarities

between them until now.  Almost a carbon copy.  I'm sure the designers at
Chrysler are breathing a collective sigh of relief that the similarities
haven't been pointed out in any press releases or reviews of the 05'
version.  They ( borrowed ? ) heavily from Virgil Exner's design and are
reaping all the praise and rewards for making a few modernized changes - no
wonder it's a winner and so popular.  I have 2 of the Maisto 1/18 scale HEMI

C's in black - just waiting for a low mileage  (real ) one to show up on the

used market.  Check out the website above and see what you think.........

Del Kerney

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM