Re: [Chrysler300] G in Barrett-Jackson Sneak Peek and Speed Channel

Re: [Chrysler300] G in Barrett-Jackson Sneak Peek and Speed Channel

Some years back I was being judged as a major Calyfornua concour(Palo Alto).
As the 3 judges were holding their post scoring palaver I overheard them
discussing how noisy and rough running my engine sounded.  One said that
sounded as though it needed an oil change as the lifters were noisy.  I then
walked over to tell them that 300's came with solid lifters and a somewhat
radical camshaft.  This was graciously accepted by them and I was dinged no
points.

Also almost everywhere it is judged, it seems that their will always be
debate about my valve stem caps.  They are the RED CROWN types that were
given out by midwestern Standard Oil gasoline stations(perhaps other areas)
to their customers in the 50's.  Of course many lost them to the kids who
would heist them for their bicycle wheels.

They however are considered non-stock, so you can be dinged.  However many
judging organizations allow so called "period" accessories(like hanging
dice) that were comtemporary to the era of the automobile being judged.
Many West Coast(or young) judges are not familar with these valve stem caps.

If you do not receive Speed Channel(available on satellite, but not cable in
my area)you are missing a great channel for the car/motorcycle addict.  Last
evening they had a 1 hour presentation of the Palm Beach Barrett Jackson
Auction(saw a 54 Buick Skylark sell for about 175,000).  They will be
presenting live some 20 or 30 hours of the upcoming Barrett Jackson
Scottsdale event.  Did same last year.  They do an excellent filming and
audio presentation of the action.

Also a couple of days ago, they had a 1 hour program of driver testing of
the entire family of Chrysler SRT vehicles(Charger, 300, pickup, jeep,
Viper, and whatever that little coupe is called).  Cars were driven by ex
pro race car drivers and was quite entertaining.  This channel along with a
Tivo would Xmas gift nirvana for the automotive addict.

Disclosure purposes, I own 4 Tivo's and a 1000 shares of their stock(at a
slight loss).

Roger Schaaf
300 B, Calyfornua