[Chrysler300] 300B REAR WHEEL CYLINDERS

Steve:

Re; Wheel Brake Cylinder Assembly.

My parts book is only for 1955-58 and shows Part #1311536 only for '55
Chry, Desoto & Imp (but not Crown Imp-with disc brakes--looks like an
older number-may be the same as '53-'54).  Same # for '55-'56 Ply & Dodge.

Part #1409973 is for '57-'58 rear wheel cyl's for Ply, Dodge, DeSoto,
Chry & '56 Dodge, DeSoto, Chry-with 12" drums.

I erred in my first communication-sorry.  Looks like '56-'58 Chryslers
all use the same rear wheel cylinders.  This is consistent with the
Wheel Cylinder Package that is the same for '56-'58 and different for
the '55.  I hope the '56 and later brakes are better than the '55's.
Perhaps they are wider and provide more contact area.  Quotes from the
'55 race car drivers indicated they were good for 1/2 stop or a moderate
amount of slowing down.  Anyone have any evaluation of the '55 Crown
Imperial disc brakes?  Any better than the drums?  Reliable?

Rich Barber
1955 C-300 (Plan Ahead)

XRAMKROOZER@xxxxxx wrote:

> HI RICH, ARE YOU SAYING 1956 IS A 1 YEAR ONLY WHEEL CYLINDER OR SAME
> AS 1955? STEVE

Yahoo! Groups Links