[Chrysler300] so what is it worth that G?

[Chrysler300] so what is it worth that G?

While all you over there were possibly watching the end of the G convertible
auction, I was helping a friend unload a 40 foot container from US - no
300s, but a supercharged injected 1500hp Keith Black motor and 34
cartons/boxes of new and s/h alloy 474 hemi parts - like forged pistons,
alloy rods, 3 blowers etc - sort of mouth watering to think what this motor
would be like in unblown form in a 300 !?  He is putting it in a trick
steeel bodied 40 Willys Coupe that has a blown Clevland in it - only 750hp.
So many parts/boxes, we filled a 57 Chev, 67 Firebird, a Ute, and a 71
Challenger.

Anyhow, get back home tonight, in front of Airconditioner, and turn on PC,
and nobody has said much since the end - so here's my two bobs worth from
downunder - personally it is perhaps good that the price was no higher -
good old ebay, sometimes the guy who stakes out his price, or territory,
wins the day, everyone else says 'let them have it' ?!  But that still
leaves the question - what is a good unmolested 300 C-G convertible worth.
Deduct say $5-10K for premium color, another say 10-20K for being seemingly
unmolested low miles. Then add maybe 5K if car had air? Am I in the ball
park, and so what does all this mean if someone trips over an unrestored
57-61 300 convertible - $25 - $55K according to options and
history/condition??   Or doesn't it matter - no one is going to find another
one, or who bloody cares!!?

Final thought - shudder that it happens - will 300G one day stand for what a
300G is worth?!

Think I'd rather think about supercharging a C - I have two early 60s SN
McCulloch blowers in a container now sitting on the dock (bought them mainly
for original carb enclosure box for my original superchrged 300C) - all
brackets and pulleys for Chev - but how about now I've got them, I fit them
on my first 300C (not maybe permanently, just to see what happens)  - like
Granetelli (aplols for spelling - too hot a day outside) did with an F - how
fast did he go??

Forget what they (our 300s) are worth, or what happens at BJackson - let's
just have some fun with them. Plenty of bad news out there like that poor
girl the sharks took, and more sad deaths in Iraq - enjoy our cars. Enough
said for now by the aussie, I leave the site up to you guys for a while

aussie Christopher

Yahoo! Groups Links