Re: [Chrysler300] 55-56 Power Brake Booster?

Re: [Chrysler300] 55-56 Power Brake Booster?

Hi, This unit was
> removed from a 55 Imperial, And I know 56 units look the same..but they
> also used a bellows type that looks totally different..however ether one
> can be used..thanks Mike

"Motors" manual says this type unit was fitted to 1955-1961 Chryslers. The
Powervac unit was manufactured  by Bendix. Under the Powervac type, there is
an elliptical vacuum chamber unit shown also.

The Powervac unit requires reactionary shaft linkage. I do not see how it
would retrofit where a K-H unit was original.

There is also an elliptical BELLOWS  K-H unit shown. This would be used with
reactionary linkage also. Our 1958 N-Y had this type unit.

The Powervac units are of piston design as shown in "Motors". K-H units are
bellows or diaphragm. Anyway, it seems to me that the eBay REACTIONARY
LINKAGE part is not a direct interchange for K-H diaphragm  PUSH THROUGH
units.

I would imagine that the Bendix unit on eBay is kind of rare? Fits
Imperials?

My C300 has an Andy Birnbaum retrofit power brake unit. This I did so I
could have brakes. Parts to build my 1955 unit as I once was able to do were
no longer available.  I do not know what the original application was for
the ordinary looking A-B kit parts but they do work quite well.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

Yahoo! Groups Links