[Chrysler300] War Stories

It's great to hear these stories of 300 vs. whatever back in the good old
days.  I have my own.  In '65 I sold my 57 C convert ($600 I recall) and
bought a 59 E hardtop.  My buddy Bill Baldwin had a 62 409/409 SS with a 4
speed.  One night we had a little race for fun down Northfield Ave in
Livingston NJ.  I got him off the line (he was just smoking the tires), then
he went by me like a bullet, then he ran out of gears (I think he had a 456
rear) and I went by him like the same bullet.  Neither one of us could stop
if we had to so it was good that we didn't have to. It's hard to get annoyed
with the kids today acting irresponsibly with their fart-muffler Hondas.

Another car to consider as 300-like contender is the Studebaker Hawk of 57.
I think some were supercharged??

Frank in very Soggy Oregon

Yahoo! Groups Links