[Chrysler300] powdercoating and a 300D soon heading for oz?!

[Chrysler300] powdercoating and a 300D soon heading for oz?!

1) Re another member raising it, does anyone have any experiences re
powdercoating parts such as complete chasiss.  I recently got
fenderwells/spash shields, and a few other items black powdercoated, and
like the other member, have two likely chassis I am going to get sandblasted
clean, one of these a 300C, so does one suggest powdercoating or 2 pack -
some here are opposed to powdercoating, as they say it can sometimes
(perhaps?) lift and see moisture creep unseen/unknown behind/underneath.

My cars are not/never trailer queens, and gravel on roads, sand/grit, maybe
much more commonplace here, so maybe powdercoating is more protection from
rust on stone pits?  Until now, I have used good quality paint, and then
plus a tar based spray/coating over stone stike areas like fenderwells,
chassis parts facing tyre throw up areas.

2) On opening up ebay tonight (it now near 11pm here) - do I detect that the
coral 300D Coupe has just gone to a buyer who is listed as Australia?
Although I am not fully up on all 300s in Oz, already there are a
couple/three of C300, and B, likely 5 C Coupes, one C convert.  Until this
maybe one, no D, and maybe no E, however maybe 5-8 300 F Coupes?
A few of these are now finished enough they are road registered, so maybe
getting close to having our first 300 aussie owners/car meet?! How many
years ago was the first such recognised 300 meet in the US?
Back in 1973, by coincidence, I was involved in 2 AC Cobras being together
for 1st time in Australia, made friends with then equally young owner of
other Cobra, so maybe we might see something 300ly happen here.  Up til now,
the 300F guys seem to keep to themselves (maybe feeling a bit
intimidated/lacking by not having that great 392 hemi - I think not?!), and
the earlier C300, and B are thousands of miles on other side of our
Nullaboor Plain.

Hope you enjoying your 300s - recent prices for 300C parts on ebay show how
badly some people really want to get their cars better/finished!!?  Doing
much to them sure is getting too bloody spensive. And we all better hope
your Govt doesn't start a fight with Iran, or our near $6 a gallon gas, will
soon maybe be $9-10 a gall, unless things suddenly get better in Iraq !!?

Christopher in Australia

Yahoo! Groups Links