[Chrysler300] Cal. Car owners QUestion

My dad was a Chrysler Plymouth dealer in northern Wisconsin beginning in September 1960.  So, the first cars that were received were the 1961 models.   I don't ever remember seeing a PVC valve, or equivalent on any 1961 mopars, AC equipped or not.   Of course, in northern Wisconsin, AC was not typically ordered.  All had draft tubes connecting to the valve cover and extending downwardly along the rear right side of the engine.  Jim

smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  > Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 0:16:44 -0500
> From: smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: G & E Riehl <longrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Cal. Car owners QUestion
> Cc: Paul Holmgren <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I received two emails, one from Cliff Holt who recently bought a really nice original 300F from Calif that was about a mile from me that I never knew about!  Hadn't been driven in years - lucky "barn find".  In any case, he tells me his F does have PCV.  In addition, I received a similar note from George, below, saying much the same thing about his car.  I also received a note from Sherwood Kahlenberg who indicated California did have a retrofit program many years ago requiring installation of PCV, that might have been triggered by a change of owership.  So it looks like at least in 1960 a 300F might have had PCV, maybe from the factory.  All I can say is my F was ordered new by Roland Funk from Glendale Motor Car Company in Glendale, CA, and the car was ordered with factory air.  I have the original Monrony.  It has a draft tube, and I can find no signs that it ever had PCV.  There is a fitting on one of the rams, but it is for the brake booster/reservoir and has take offs for
 other vacuum doors in the interior for the a/c system.  But that is all.  So I guess another mystery!
> Steve Albu
> ---- G & E Riehl <longrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Steve;
> >   The first year was 1960 on A/C cars and all Calif ordered cars. Part of
> > their "Clean Air" package. My F is a Calif bought car and has A/C with PCV.
> > Some cars ordered other than Calif could have the PCV. , but not all.
> > Something of a hit-miss. Maybe the manufacturers saw the writing on the
> > wall. Not all early "eastern" cars for 1961 had PCV, A/C or not. From about
> > early mid year, they did have from then on. They then followed Calif.
> > emissions.
> >    George Riehl

Yahoo! Groups Links