[Chrysler300] A new distinction for the 57 300C

[Chrysler300] A new distinction for the 57 300C

I wish we had a picture file.

The ultimate Mark Of Distinction has been awarded the 1957 Chrysler
300 C convertible, and I can not share it with you on the 300 message
list.

If you are interested, send me an e-mail off list, I am at
 lajugle@xxxxxxxxxxx and I'll send a jpeg in return as an attachment.

One day George Berg and I compared 10 C and D grilles we had between
our 4 cars and several spares.  We found SIX DIFFERENT grilles. We
were looking at egg-crate structure, fastening methods and
manufacturing methods.  With some 3,000 cars made with this grille,
it is amazing so many differences came up.  I don't think we looked
(at least I don't remember) at the missing link for the hood release.
Are there different levers for the release?  Was there any hint at an
INSIDE release that was a factory option??(actual or proposed) I bet
they found this grill very expensive to produce, and ordered them
built in SMALL numbers.

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL

Yahoo! Groups Links