[Chrysler300] Paint codes

When I purchased my 300 C in 1965, the color did not look quite like the other Gaugin Red cars that I had seen.  I thought maybe mine had faded in the California sun.  In 1969 I repainted it an unmentionable incorrect color.  Now I am ready for a Gaugin Red repaint.  The paint store mixed a perfect match to the color chip, but it does not look like my car of 1965.  I searched through the paint book, checking Tahitian Coral, and DeSoto Dusty Orange, and when I got to ' 57 Dodge Tropical Coral, there it was.  The footnote under the Dodge chip stated that Tropical Coral and Gaugin Red were interchangeable, depending on the assembly plant  Anyone ever hear of this anomaly, or could it be as simple as perhaps the original owner repainted my car with Tropical Coral.  Insight anyone.?????

                        Al Peirish
                        McMinnville, Or.
               [ just minutes from the Spruce Goose, and even closer to insanity]

Yahoo! Groups Links