Re: [Chrysler300] 300H Turn Signals

John Mc Adams wrote:

snip

>I found an NOS bulkhead connector housing on Partsvoice and replaced the
>burned out one.  I cleaned all of the mating connector pins (as well as the
>two wires to and from the alternator/amp guage) with a wire brush.  As I
>re-installed the connector pins into the bulkhead housing, I filled all of
>the cavities with silicone grease.  Not Silicone sealant, Silicone Grease.
>It is a semi-opaque, dielectric grease.  It is also used in the plumbing
>industry to lubricate water faucets.

Humm, seems I recall that at one time an automotive parts company
packaged and sold a tube of
dielectric grease for cars that used points,  I used to use it for lots
of places where electrical connectors was exposed to water. ( or at
least I recall using it )
We used a product called  No-Ox-ID at work, basically a thicker form of
dielectric grease, came in small tins as well as big tubes, ( like
overgrown toothpaste tubes ).
We used this stuff on wet cell batteries. When you are maintaining
several hundred wet cell batteries per instalation indoors, maintenance
is real important because we usually didn't replace these suckers every
few years, more like every 10 to 20 years. We even used it on the
emergency generators startup batteries. The Diesel installations we had
had 24V starters, and the average life span on those batteries was over
8 years.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy