RE: [Chrysler300] excessive vibration on 300F car.

RE: [Chrysler300] excessive vibration on 300F car.

Tom,

Only a guess, because it's really impossible to diagnose a car over the
Internet, but based on your description, you either have a driveshaft
problem or a parking brake problem, or one of your wheels is falling off.
best thing to do is put the car up on a lift and check things out. If the
vibration and noises are as severe as you describe, then it should be easy
to find out what are causing them. Are you SURE that you released the
e-brake?  I have seen it happen where, if the ebrake does not release fully,
it will cause symptoms like you just decribed.

As far as your other comments, a 1960 300F is 46 years old, and, even when
restored, problems are going to occur. I've had my share with my cars over
the years. If you want a totally  problem-free vehicle, sell the 300F and
buy a new Hemi 300C, or a Lexus ...

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY