Re: [Chrysler300] excessive vibration on 300F car.

Re: [Chrysler300] excessive vibration on 300F car.

Hello Tom! You might want to check the ball and trunnion pin. This is encompassed within the part of driveshaft that fastens to the e-brake drum with the rubber boot just behind. With the drive shaft disconnected (or out), the forward end of driveshaft can 'articulate'...back, better revealing trunnion pin. Was there 'excessive' hot rodding ever with this F?  Not that you've done this, but when I did an excessive number of 3 to 1 kickdowns (from transmission) in my G, I started to eventually, down the 'road', get only slight, but steady vibration at 20 to 25 miles per hour. Make sure, should this be the problem, that the right shop machines these entities (ball & trunnion). Some shops don't do it right. Also, if this is the problem, Jeff Carter from JC Auto may be able to help. I got a new whole drive shaft w/ an excellent ball and trunnion from him!  I still do 3 to 1 kickdowns but less than before (chuckling right now). The ball and trunnion could be considered by some,
 an old Chrysler's 'achillies heel'. Jeff's email address is jcauto@xxxxxxxxxx . His phone # is (425) 672-8324. Hope I was of some help!!
  Sincerely and 300ly, Brandt H. J. w/a G.
  Hello Would anyone know what would cause excessive vibration on a 300F.It
first started when the car reached 55 miles per hour then would go away when the
car would reach 60 to 65 miles per hour.Then today i was headed to a car
show  and was only going 20 miles per hour and the car started to vibrate so
excessivly and violently and then i started to hear a winding sound underneath
the car that i was forced to turn around and bring the car back home.Deos the
driveshaft have counter weights on it or could it be a universal i checked the
rear universal and it is fine but the front one with the rubber boot around
it  seems a little stiff but is still nice and tight so i am confused.God
everything  is wrong with this car all i can say is whoever restored this car does
not have  much knowledge on 300 letter cars! i mean for $62,500.00 the car
should have  been done right the first time and should have been correct.I thank
any and  everyone for any help tom.

        Chrysler 300 series   300 series   Chrysler sebring     Chrysler town country

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM