From: <lettercars@xxxxxxx>
To: <jfreddie@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Famous letter Cars

Hi Al and All:
The 300 used in Imitation of Life was a 300D Tahitian Coral Convertible.
(Sorry, Al!)  There are a couple of clear views of the inside rear view
mirror
and the seats.  The only other movies I know of using ORIGINAL NEW  300
letter
cars are The World the Flesh and the Devil where Harry Belefonte  drives a
300D, and Bachelor in Paradise.  The former is in black and white,  but the
seems to be neither of these colors.  Not a bad movie, and quite  a few
shots of
the D early on.  Brian, GOOD EYE to spot that 300F on the  freeway in
Bachelor!!  It took me several replays to be sure.  It has  been mentioned
on the
listserver sometime back that there is a 300E in another  Natalie Wood
movie, Fine
Young Cannibals.  I have yet to find this  one.

The 300C used in Crime Story is owned by Club member Andrew Jugle.   For the
series they painted it black and changed the color of the interior,  among
other "violations" that I believe Andy has commented on previously.   The
car
used in Quiz Show was a white 300D convertible owned at that time by  member
Tom
Turner (And formerly owned by Richard Carpenter).  The Turners  were invited
to and did watch some of the shooting.

300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL
Y'all are welcome to sip a few on our porch too!!

In a message dated 5/29/2006 1:09:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,