From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 11:23 AM
To: lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club International, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] A/C Compressor rebuild for 1960 300F

Yes, I have had very good results using rebuilt compressors obtained from
Mac's Radiator & A/C Service, Inc., 9681 Alondra Blvd, Bellflower, CA 90706.
Their telephone number is (562) 920-1871.  The are well experienced in
servicing A/C systems on older cars.  While I obtain my rebuilt compressors
from them (I don't know who actually rebuilds them, except they say it is a
local small company) and usually do the rest myself, I wouldn't hesitate to
take my cars to them for complete service.  Given the cost of R12 which my F
and other cars still use, I will probably just take my car down there in the
future just in case my diagnosis isn't correct and I end up needing to
recover refrigerant in a system I have fully charged (since I don't have a
recovery machine).  This happened on my 1970 Chrysler Newport where I
incorrectly diagnosed a problem as a bad EPR valve, when in fact it was a
bad expansion valve.  They quickly diagnosed the problem, recoverd nearly
all the freon, and only charged me for the slight amount they added beyond
what I already had in the system.  Most shops charge for a full recharge and
don't give credit for what you have in the system.  I have obtained two
compressors from them in the last 5 years and both cars have held up fine,
even after long periods of sitting.  I just get in them and the A/C always
freezes me out!  I rarely recommend any repair facilities, but these guys
have done right by me.  Since you are in CA (L.A. area too, correct?), let
me know how things work out if you choose to go to them.  I last went to
them in 2003 and hope things are still the same.  I also need to take my F
there as well since it seems to have lost its charge suddenly (nothing has
ever been replaced in the system except for a top off with Freon
occasionally in the last 46 years!).
Steve Albu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM