Re: [Chrysler300] A/C Fuse

Matt;
When it blows, open the hood (engine running) and see if the compressor
is turning. That would be the inner or center of the pulley. If it's
turning then the compressor is working. If it's not then it probably
blew the fuse. You might also follow the wiring and look for frayed
places, after all it's very old.
If you are able to, check the draw of the fan motor and the clutch. It
may be that age has taken one or both to the fuse's limit of current
flow. What blows fuses is excessive draw (current flow), which gets the
fuse hot enough to melt.
A crude method would be to feel the wire going to the switch and to the
clutch, both not on and when running, and then when it blows
immediately feel each wire and see if one is real hot.

Regards, Ray

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM