[Chrysler300] Trailer Tires

In 1981 I purchased a double axle car trailer from an independent builder that came with Goodyear "trailer tire only" tires on it.  That trailer lived in the California sunshine (and smog) and so even though I treated them with rubber preservative products eventually they started to dry rot in the tread as well as started to wear out.  I'm positive I got at least 60 or 70,000 miles out of that set of tires before replacing them with another set of exactly the same purchased through a U-Haul dealer.  I never had any sort of failure and was totally satisfied with the year obviously.

Two years ago I replaced the trailer with a name brand slightly larger trailer with a powerful electric winch (getting older!).  It too came with Goodyear trailer only tires and I've certainly put another 10-12K on these by now and without problem of any sort.

With both trailers by the way, over the years, one time each I caught the end of a curb loaded with a car with the right front tire hard enough to put a good bend in the wheel but it did not cause the tire to be damaged nor loose air.

That is my experience.
Wayne

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM