Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler300's on Trailers

Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler300's on Trailers

For more info on Trailer tires go here:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3707/is_200209/ai_n9107731

Here is an excerpt from the above article:

  Adjusting tire pressure can take a few minutes, but it isn't
difficult. Having a small compressor at home is a help because the work
can be done at your leisure, when the tires are cold. If you must move
the trailer to a source of compressed air, the strictest definition of
a cold tire is one that has traveled a mile or less, or has cooled for
three to four hours. Ambient temperature is also a consideration when
setting tire pressures. A 10-degree-rise in ambient temperature equates
to a 1 psi change in tire pressure. Thus, if you set your tire
pressures on a cool 58-degree F spring day, they will magically rise 2
psi the following day should a weather front come through and pop the
temperature up to 78 F Dropping temperature lowers tire pressure the
same 1 psi per 10 degrees.   So check TP before every trip. Sunlight
will also raise the tire pressure

  A very real variable is sunlight. Tires in the shade versus those
sitting in the sun can have definite pressure differences. Testing by a
large tire retailer has shown a 3 psi rise in tires left in the sun all
day versus those in the shade. This applies to shade versus sun sides
of the trailer, moving the trailer from a cool building into the warm
sun and so on. Clearly, setting pressures in even morning light and
temperatures simplifies the job.

I put "Trailer tire ratings" on Google, this is one of about 3.3
million articles.
Tow safely, Ray

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM