Re: [Chrysler300] two questions

John;
You can't fix it if you don't know what's wrong. So you need to verify
the conditions in the "won't start" mode.

This is one of those "take the bull by the horns" jobs. If your problem
is consistant, then do the hard thing. Go out and before doing anything
else, take off the Carb top and see just what's in the bowl. This will
help indicate what the problem is. If empty, then the gas had to leak
thru a passage (Main Jet) into the  manifold. It can't be sucked out of
the bowl back to the tank. That path is above the bowl and controlled
by the float. If full of gas, the seat is closed, if empty that seat is
open, but in any event, above the gas level and gas can't be siphoned.

You probably have another problem also, and that is a weak pump. Just
not strong enough to pull the gas from the tank on the slow cranking
speeds.  Needs  the running speed toe get enough pump action. This is
why you can dump some gas into the throat and it will start, then run.
The fast speed (Pumping action) gets gas up fast to the bowl, and all's
well.

Not sure what filter you have but a see thru one would be of help here.
You would know by looking if there's any gas in the line.

I know you're too good a mechanic to let this stump you for long.

Good luck, Ray

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM