[Chrysler300] fuel drainback empty carb bowls

[Chrysler300] fuel drainback empty carb bowls

Years ago George Riehl told me of a solution -- take a squeeze bottle ( I
use mustard ) and fill it with about 6 ounces fresh fuel. Remove the air
cleaner(s) and fill the carb bowls through the vent tubes by squeezing the
bottle ( I used mustard ).

Quick and easy, the carb(s) is (are) filled (or partially filled) with
little or no fuel down the carb throat(s). Replace the air cleaner(s) before
cranking to prevent backfires and with just a few cranks, you are running.

If you are worried about adding too much fuel, remember your objective is
not to completely fill the bowls -- just get some fuel in there (maybe 1/2
bowl) so the venturis have something to work with. The engine will run off
this prime long enough for the fuel pump to catch up. A little practice with
a squeeze bottle ( I use mustard ) and you'll learn how much is enough.

Over the years George's idea has been standard practice for me. I find it
works best on AFBs. Although those WCFB dinosaur carbs can be done this way,
it is not as easy due to their design. C's are additionally difficult due to
the wonky air cleaners (hard to remove and install). Similarly, 55s and B's
are no picnic. On the other hand K's and L's are so easy to do there is
little excuse not to.

Standard common sense warnings apply regarding handling raw fuel -- don't do
this on a hot engine, no spark sources, yada yada yada.

Rr

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM