Re: [Chrysler300] Exhausting X2

 Hi Wayne, Long time no speak. Your question and my
answer to Ron Waters must have crossed in space some
where. I've been in Waldron's shop three times in the
past three years. He's well into his 70s at the least,
and his wife fields most of the phone call now. And
the two of them still make the swap meet circuit! He
has a young man (to us anyway) that's been with him
probably 10 years that does most of the actual labor
now. I had them fabricate the front half of a "J" "K"
system in 2 1/2" stainless for my 61 NYer Wagon. I'm
using those later cross rams and headers. Both jigs
for that system were pulled down from the rafters and
I stood there and watched the kid make the left and
right sides. Any welding that's required for flanges
is farmed out to some local shop, most likely down in
Sturgis, Mi. 8-10 miles from him. My pieces were UPSed
to me a few days later and fit fine. FWI, There is no
hoist or even a floor jack in his place for those that
might think of transporting a vehicle to him for
installation of an exhaust system. He's just been
building correct jigs and bending pipes longer then
most of us have been on the planet! I'd give him my
business again any time I have the need. I assume that
after 10+ years the kid is heir apparent to the
business if and when! Hope this helps you a little.
Regards, Jerry

--- Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a lot of areas in this country where a
> good, caring, accurate muffler shop is not
> available.
> Anyone tried Burton Waldron for 300 exhaust?  He is
> perhaps the oldest name in the business of collector
> car exhaust and he is still at the phone himself -
> or at least was the day I called about 5 weeks ago
> for '53 Adam Chrysler pipes.
>
> Wayne

> removed]

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx