  From: Rich Barber
  To: 'George R. Cann' ; 'chrysler club'
  Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:33 PM
  Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300C engine on e-bay

  I'm no expert, but my data shows a total of 2,252 1957 Chrysler 300-C's were
  produced. Unless they skipped some numbers, the VIN of the last one would
  have been 3N573252. The referenced VIN is most likely the engine number
  stamped on the block--as evidenced by the "E" in the string. VIN's and
  S/N's of these early cars did not match and it is likely some additional
  replacement engines were built along the way.

  C-300'ly,
  Rich Barber
  1955 C-300 VIN 3N551198, engine S/N 3NE551098