'56 Powerflight dip stick color

Hi Tony, and 300 and all 56 hemi fans,  Phil Irish here.                                             I checked several of my fleet that have never had engine work and all have the tube the same flat black as the air cleaner,  The dip stick has no paint what so ever.  The little, cup like, cover that stops the dipstick at the correct depth is much shinier than the dipstick itself, but not painted or plated, just a light weight metal with a tin like color.  N.B. - all of mine are Chryslers but I can't believe there would be any difference for Imperials for something like this.  What say yu'all with Imperials?     I hope this helps.                                                                                                 All the Best 300ing ! Phil                                                                                        just outside Memphis, TN (with balmy 67, but about to change - radically colder with possible snow tomorrow - if the forcasters are to be believed.)