RE: [Chrysler300] 2 questions

I had purchased Gary Goers weatherstrip for my '65 300 along with many other parts all in one order. Some of the items, such as the carpet kits and a few of the fasteners etc., were very nice and fit well. Unfortunately, and after a very long wait which is typical, many of the plastic and rubber reproductions were unimpressive to me and were not what I was hoping for.

I ordered what I could from other sources such as Legendary Interiors and Steele Rubber Products, both of which shipped items that were far superior to Gary's peices and much closer to the original parts in fit and appearance. The parts that were nice were very nice and he is more than fair when it comes to delivery etc. I can't speak for his parts for earlier models and would suggest that perhaps they are of higher quality given the number of club members that seem to continue to promote his business and wait long periods of time to get parts from him but from what I've seen on the 1965 stuff, I would always go to him as a last resort.

Ryan Hill
'65 300
'68 Dodge Charger

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: jdebos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:34:33 +0200Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 2 questions

Hello group,I am in the (long) process of restoring a 1962 H.(http://johnneed.romandie.com <http://johnneed.romandie.com/> ) car isalmost completely stripped. A good friend of mine is lending me hisrotisserie and I have the following questions:1. I need to remove both windshields. Has anyone used, with success, GaryGoers' weatherstrips? I'd rather put new weatherstrips if possible so I cancut the original ones to ease the removal of front and back windshield.2. As you know the car is a unibody construction (no chassis). Is it strongenough to go on the rotisserie with doors removed? Should I weld a bracketin the door opening to strengthen it?Thank you for help, cheersJean[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: