Re: [Chrysler300] (no subject)

Hi Mike;
All that matters is that the 0° mark is correct. Take out the #1 spark
plug and turn the engine over until the timing mark is just about lined
up with the 0 mark on the scale.
Slide a wooden dowel or long fireplace match into the plug hole and
then start turning the crank towards the mark. When the stick stops
coming up and starts going down, that's TDC. Work the crank back and
forth until you're sure the exact point at which the stick stops moving
and look at the scale. It should be on 0°. If not, then it's wrong and
needs to be replaced or rebuilt.
Ray