[Chrysler300] 61 motor rebuild

 Question for group, I have a decent running G with 112,000 thousand
miles. the motor smokes some, not a lot but noticable, leaks a little of everything
and of course looks fairly shabby. the rest of the car looks fine.
Was going to pull the motor and rebuild it, hardened seats, new gakets,
timing chain, ect. ect., paint and reinstall. I have gotten some flack
about this from different sources saying that doing this to an original
motor will detract from "authenticity" and devalue the car. Any truth to this??
I await the advice from the sages.
             Thanks
                       In a fog of smoke

Yahoo! Groups Links