Re: [Chrysler300] Cold start--Electric fuel pump

Re: [Chrysler300] Cold start--Electric fuel pump

Sounds like y'all are picking up your power at the wrong place. You
don't want to use the "Start" circuit at all. Use the "ON" side of the
Ing. switch, and from there to both switches. From both switches to the
pump. Actually, it only takes one wire on either leg. From the Ing.
switch "ON" to the momentary button, with a jumper to the toggle
switch. That supplies power to both. Out of the push button to the
"OUT' side of the Toggle and then to the pump. This way it will only
work with the ing. switch ON, and using either button or toggle will
send current ONLY to the pump as the other switch is not used and
leaves an open in the circuit. Turn your Ing. switch on, push the
button until it stops "ticking" and then start. If the mechanical pump
quits, flip the toggle, and use the Elec. Pump to get ya home. And when
you turn off the Ing. switch, the pump's off even it you forget to
switch the toggle off.

Hope that's clear without a diagram.
Ray