Re: [Chrysler300] CCing to determine compression ratio

Re: [Chrysler300] CCing to determine compression ratio

It would be nearly cost prohibitive today, but it makes the sweetest
engine you will ever drive.

Back in the day, about 1970, I owned a "Li'l deuce Coupe". It was a '32
ford Coupe, chopped, channeled, "Z"d, with no fenders or hood, but with
a 331 Hemi. The Hemi was the previous owners class project at Mcpherson
College. At that time the college was a Tool and Die school, or at
least that  was what they did the most  of. The Hemi was "Blueprinted"
using Chrysler blueprints and engineering specs. Every thing from
Shadow-graphing the rotating parts to perfect machining of each part to
the blueprint or specs.  This means that EACH and EVERY part  perfectly
matches the original specs, and not just a random assembly of similar
parts.

Long story short, this engine would idle  all day long at 100 rpm, and
I could drive it in high gear only if I wished. Awesome car and one of
my biggest regrets for selling it back to the original owner, but that
was the deal when I bought it.

Ray

But wait! There's more!
Also, back in the day, I owned a Sports Car Racing Shop. We raced
Formula  V's. We couldn't grind the cams, or remove any metal from any
parts in the engines, so we would go to the VW Distributor and they
allowed us to mike  parts. Out of every 100 cams mike'd only 2-3 would
be perfect. They would all be usable, but not for extracting the most
power from an engine. We were allowed to grind cranks, so we ground
them .060" @ 060" off center and that gave us more stroke.