RE: [Chrysler300] 57 gas tank.... anyone

RE: [Chrysler300] 57 gas tank.... anyone

I used a product US Company POR puts out on a totally pinholed 1957 Thunderbird gas tank about 10 years ago and it still holds gas perfect.  However I cleaned it back with suitable rust eating/removing acid first, then POR's acid, then tipped product inside. sloshed it around, and before what I then poured back out of tank set, I then brushed it all over outside underside of tank.

Heck of a lot of time to do all this, but hey, where in Australia do you find a 57 TBird gas tank if you wish to use the car sooner than time it takes to get one shipped by sea. (Likely not too many good unused 300 tanks lying around easy in US today either !!?)

I have posted this to all members, because I have since had mixed results with POR's (different) general rust sealing other product, and do not wish to recommend them on my own, as other 300 members may have had poor results, and there also is a supposedly better newer rival brand ?

Nuff said, drive those 300s, I am tomorrow unless it raining,

Christopher in Australia
ps make sure you let the dry paint cure at least the minimum time they say on can, otherwise it likely will fail, and you have all the hassles of maybe doing it all again !!

To: dennis57300@xxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: nekramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:18:27 -0400Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 57 gas tank.... anyone

If I remember correctly I think '57 thru '59 Chrysler Plymouth Dodge and Desoto fit. Have had this problem but some time ago when one could just get one at a junkyard.I think the Plymouth tank holds a little less gas maybe a couple of gallons but that ended up going on my D at the time since it was easy to find.I will look up in Hollanders tonight. I think we have one from a '59 Windsor but if I remember correctly it was seeping a little at the bottom and we took it off the car. It should be around if no one stole it. I have read that they have all kinds of good products that will coat a tank over hard rust and seal everything now. I have heard they actually work.Anyone know if those products actually work and if so which ones?Regards,Nancy KramerAt 09:34 AM 5/18/2008, dennis57300@xxxxxxx wrote:>after my tank was completely ruined by cooper service center in maryland i>find myself looking for yet another needle in the 300c haystack. would anyone>know where to find a tank or possibly know of another tank with close to the>same dimensions so my body guy can modify it to my application? looked at >some>and found a close match in a chevelle and i think it was a newer new yorker>tank. if anyone has any other suggestions id appreciate them>>**************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family>favorites at AOL Food.>(<http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001>http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>>>No virus found in this incoming message.>Checked by AVG.>Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1452 - Release Date: >5/17/2008 6:26 PM-- No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1452 - Release Date: 5/17/2008 6:26 PM

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)