RE: [Chrysler300] Windage tray

IF  ( IF )  IF you monitor your oil levels EACH time you gas up you can do without the windage tray on a street car and get nearly the same effects by running 1/2 to 1 quart low in the oil pan.

LOTS of engines are sussceptible to this little extra drag on it and can benifit from this little trick.

This was really noticable in the 60's pontiacs.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy

> My two cents. The Mopar Performance windage tray requires an additional oil pan gasket which sometimes leads to leaking, especially if you ever need to remove your timing cover and don't want to replace the pan gaskets. Unless you are really running your RPM's up and needing that extra horsepower I would leave the windage tray in the store. BTW - The numbers Mopar Performance state for HP
> gains should be taken with a large grain of salt.
>
> Ryan Hill
>

> To: dvd_dumais@xxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; c300c@xxxxxxxxxxx: gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:32:34 -0700Subject: Re:
> [Chrysler300] Windage tray
>

> Chrysler Performance says a windage tray will give a 440 14 HP at 4,500 RPM. I put them in all my engines and so does Chrysler on all High Performance engines.Gary Barker--------------------------------------------------From: Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:20 PMTo: ;
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Windage tray> Hi Dave,>> Is
> a windage tray necessary? No. Is it desirable? Yes and no. The > purpose> of a
> windage tray is to keep the oil from splashing onto the crank> counterweights
> which will rob the high-revving engine of some horsepower.>> Unless you are
> using your 300 as a drag racer or high-speed oval track > car,> you don't need
> it. But, your choice.>> 300-C'ly, Gary Hagy, in hot, humid Hamburg, PA>>>>
> **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live > music>
> scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!>
> (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)>>> [Non-text portions of
> this me!
>  ssage have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> To send a
> message to this group, send an email to:> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> For list